Dr. S.S. Bansal
POSITION & DESIGNATIONS
||DR. S. S. BANSAL
MD, DM, DNB (Cardiology)
Fellow Society Of Cardiovascular Angiography And Interventions -USA
Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
Senior Interventional Cardiologist
||Dr. Shyam Sunder Bansal
MD, DM, DNB (CARDIOLOGY), FACC,
Metro Heart Institute with Multispecialty, Faridabad
|Date of Birth
Faridabad - 121001
||G-19362 (Dt. 16-11-1993) for MD
(Gujarat Medical Council)
E.P. 24949 (Dt. 01-03-1988) for
(Punjab Medical Council)
- Managing Director, Metro Heart Institute with Multispecialty, Faridabad.
- Senior Consultant Cardiologist & Interventionist for the last 20 years.
- Member of Society of Cardiovascular Angiographic Interventions in America (SCAI).
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology. (FACC).
- Member of Cardiology Society of India.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Guru Nank Dev University, Amritsar, India 1986.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD Internal Medicine) from B.J. Medical College, Gujrat University in April 1991.
- Doctor of Medicine in Cardiology (D.M) from B.J. Medical College, Gujrat University in April 1994.
- Diplomat of National Board in Cardiology (DNB Cardiology) in August 1994.
- FSCAI (USA) -Fellow of Society of Cardio-Vascular Interventions.
- FACC (USA)-Fellow of American College of Cardiology.
- Have been trained in Stress and Transesophageal Echocardiography at Mayo Clinic,USA.
- Trained in Angioplasty programme at German Interventional Programme held at
- Rodenberg Clinic, Fulda (Germany).
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Honoured by District administration on Republic day for outstanding contribution towards society as a doctor in the year 2011 by Hon’ble minister of Haryana Sukhbir Singh.
- Honoured with the award of Entrepreneur of the year 2011 by Sh. Virbhadhra Singh,
- Hon’ble Union Minister of Mirco, Small & Medium Industry of Govt. of India.
- Honoured by IMA, Faridabad for doing 10,000 angioplasty and other heart procedure successfully and saving lives of hundreds of heart attack victims including many IMA doctors in 2010-2011.
- Rashtriya Gaurav Award by Islamic Culture, New Delhi in the year 2012.
- Appreciation for commendable contribution towards community service by Parivar
- Kalyan Avam Swasthya mela & Red Cross mela, organised by Deepender Huda.
- Appreciation & commendation from District Administration, Faridabad for outstanding work of providing free medical service to old age home.
- The Times Group selected him for part of trailblazer book as prominent achiever of India.
ACHIEVEMENT & EXPERIENCE
- One of the first in the world to use net covered stents in heart attack patients to prevent no reflow, thus saving many victims of serious heart attack & post bypass patientswith lot of clot in the artery.
- First femoral vein angioplasty in India, a rare procedure in the world.
- First case of 22 years, long standing IVC obstruction causing liver cirrhosis (Buddchiari syndrome) opened successfully with angioplasty & stenting. Normally surgeryis done in such cases.
- First parylene coated pacemaker in India in a patient who was allergic to titanium, the metal which is used for pacemakers.
- First cardiologist to implant Protacta combo device in North India on June 29th, 2010, which is highly sophisticated device, prevented sudden death & improved the function of heart in a patient with refractory heart failure with ejection fraction of 15%. Patient has improved remarkably.
- First to start a dedicated heart center in Faridabad where first Angioplasty, Bypasssurgery and other heart surgeries were done successfully for the first time inFaridabad.
- Done more than 10,000 procedures including around 7000 Angioplasties with stenting – again maximum in Haryana.
- Did bypass surgery on a child with ALCAPA (anomalous left coronary artery origin from pulmonary artery) successfully under supervision of Dr. S.S. Bansal. This is a rare cardiac anomaly in which more than 90% children died before the age of 1 year due to heart attack & heart failure.
- Treated more than 2000 international patients with Complex Heart and Vascular Diseases.
- Under his supervision more than 3000 Bypass Surgeries done with latest technique of Beating Heart Surgery.
- First Angioplasty of Brain artery in Haryana.
- First Angioplasty of Kidney arteries in Haryana.
- First Drug Coated Stenting in Haryana.
- Introduced the concept of doing emergency angioplasty of a heart attack patient without advance payments; a boon for poor patients.
- Started doing emergency angioplasty with stenting even in the middle of the night immediately on arrival of serious heart attack patients first time in Haryana by making the whole team available 24 hours for the same.
- Started angiography and angioplasty with stenting through wrist artery first time in
- Haryana. (Radial & Brachial angiography & angioplasty).
- To prevent sudden death, implanted a device called I.C.D. for the first time in Haryana.
- First Biventricular Pacemaker (CRT) for Heart Failure patients in the region & thereafter implanted in many patient.
- Bypass graft Angioplasty in many post Bypass patients.
- Carotid Angioplasty with stenting with the help of Angioguard.
- Heart Hole Closure without surgery.
- Angioplasty stenting of Right Sided Heart.
- Beating Heart Surgery of Interruption of Aortic Arch in adults for first time in India.
- By pass surgery of several dialysis dependent patients.
- Diagnosed and treated ALCAPA, a very rare (Anomalous left main coronary from pulmonary artery) in 40 years in old female.
- Pacemaker implantations in Left Ventricle in CTGA Ebstein Anomaly.
- Implanted more than 500 permanent Pacemakers including dual Chamber at his own institute in Faridabad :- Maximum in Haryana.
- Established METRO HEART INSTITUTE, FARIDABAD in Feb 2002 and has been running the hospital successfully as Senior Interventional Cardiologist and
- Director where thousands of patients have undergone successful angioplasties and cardiac surgeries.
- Established METRO HEART INSTITUTE WITH MULTISPECIALTY – A 200 BEDDED HOSPITAL with world-class healthcare at affordable cost. The hospital offers cost effective healthcare solution for all types of Medical Ailments.
- His name was selected in First Volume of AFRO-ASIAN WHO'S WHO BOOK published.
- Already treated more than 1,00,000 heart patients. Done maximum number of Angiographies, Angioplasties in Haryana. Also have done Angioplasty of Brain arteries, arteries of leg and kidneys.
- Established the cardiac unit of Escorts Hospital, Faridabad in 1994 and was the only Cardiologist in Haryana from 1994 to 1997.
CONFERENCES CHAIRED & ATTENDED
- Chaired the session in 4th Asia pacific vascular intervention course held from 8th to 10th June 2012 at New Delhi, India.
- Participated in EMO Centro Columbus Hospital, Milan, Italy from Jan. 19, 2009 till Jan. 23, 2009.
- Attended 2nd Indo-European course on revascularization (IECR-2008) as guest delegate from 27th-28th Nov. 2008
- Participating in American College of Cardiology Foundation, WASHINGTON DC in Dec, 2007.
- Participated in IMA Academy of Medical Specialities (Haryana State Chapter) on 10-8-2007.
- Chaired a session of a Cardiology in 58 Annual Conference of Cardiology society of India held at New Delhi & participated in the conference as faculty member from Dec. 7-10, 2006.
- Participated in CRT workshop in Germany from Nov. 6 to Nov. 10th, 2006.
- Singapore live in Singapore in the year 2002, 28-31st January.
- PCR-Paris Course of revascularization in Paris, 22-25 May, 2001 .
- Participated in Angioplasty workshop in Rodenberg Clinic, Germany, from 27th Nov to 1st Dec. 2000.
- Presented Paper on Beta Blocker Therapy in Advanced Heart Failure in a National clinical meeting of Cardiology from 10th to 13 Dec., 1998.
- Attended 68th Annual Conference of American Heart Association held at Anaheim California, USA, Nov. 13-16, 1995 Anaheim, California.
- Asian Cardiology society conference in Malaysia.
- IVT meeting in Egypt.
- European Society of cardiology meeting In Munich and Stockholm respectively.
- Presented paper on Inverted Crush stenting in Indo-Pak meeting at Jaipur.
- Participated in Tachycardia and CRT Workshop in Germany.
- Invited as faculty in many national meetings and conferences.
- Presented paper on coronary Heart Diseases in Gujrati population and Angiographies profile at Association of Physician of India meeting held at Surat.
- Chaired many sessions of clinical meeting on various subjects of Cardiology in Faridabad in Indian Medical Association meetings.
- Have been regularly attending all the important National as well as International.
- Conferences on various subjects of Cardiology especially those organized by Cardiology Society of India.
- Chaired a session of Cardiology of Northern India held at Mussorie.
- Actively participated in Paris course on revascularization in France.
- Thesis on Megaloblastic Anemia various causes in Gujrati Population.
- Thesis on Thrombolytic Therapy with Streptokinase in Acute Myocardial Infraction.
- Study on use of Low Molecular Weight Heparin in patients of Unstable Angina in Collaboration with US Vitamin Company.
- Beta Blocker in C.H.F- How safe it is to use them within few days of hospitalization in patients who present with Acute LVF.
- Paper on GIK INFUSION IN MI IN CSI.
TEACHING & ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
- Involved in teaching of undergraduates and post graduates in medicine and cardiology for last more than 15 years in various hospitals like :-
BJ Medical College Ahmedabad
Escorts Hospital, Faridabad.
Metro Heart Institute, Faridabad
Metro Heart Institute with Multispecialty Faridabad
- Involved in teaching of Postgraduate Physicians by holding Seminars & Lectures at various places.
- Travelled far off places to educate the doctors and the public for campanigs to prevent heart diseases and to spread the awareness for importance of early diagnosis and prevention of premature death due to heart attack because of delayed diagnosis and treatment.
- Imparted training to medical and paramedical staff for cardiac resuscitation and use of DC shock and intubation to prevent sudden death in a patient with cardiac arrest.
- Established the department of Cardiology at Escorts Hospital Faridabad in 1994 and worked as head of the department of cardiology from 1994 to 2001. Organized all academic meetings, research work & established systems for better care of heart patients.
EFFORTS TO PREVENT HEART DISEASE IN SOCIETY
Held many seminars and camps in different areas like Mewat and other backward areas and remote villages to educate people to adopt healthy life style and quit alcohol and smoking. Motivated many villagers to quit tobacco eating.
MY FUTURE PLANS
Adding 200 more beds and making world class cancer care centre with state of art radio-therapy unit.The foundation stone of the facility was laid on 22nd Oct,2010 by Hon’ble CM Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda ji.