A healthy diet is one that helps maintain or improve general health. A healthy diet provides the body with essential nutrition: adequate fluid, adequate essential amino acids from protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and adequate calories. Thus, Dieticians here in Metro Hospital work to promote good health by translating this scientific nutrition information into practical advice. Hence, helps you make the right decision about what to eat.
Nutrition & Dietetics Department:
The aim of the Nutrition and Dietetic service is to:
- Offer effective dietetic treatment for people with nutrition related diseases.
- Provide high-quality dietetic services to the IPD patients.
- Use evidence based practice to ensure effective treatments.
- Work to the highest professional standards.
- Educate & counsel patients regarding their specific dietary requirements during the hospital stay and for managing at home.
- Coordinate with the pharmacy to plan & ensure all IPD & OPD patients can afford & have access to the enteral feeds & supplementation.
Our Dietitians help people of all ages, genders, nationalities and financial circumstances. One might want more energy, to prevent or recover from illness, to ensure you have a healthy baby, to lose weight, gain weight or cope with an allergy or intolerance, or just grow old gracefully – Our dietitian helps anyone. She provides you with a diet prescription educate you and help you decide which foods are right for you now and in the future. They also offer support and motivation when you need it.
Our Dietetic Deptt has a team of full time highly qualified nutritionists. All of them are registered members of Indian Dietetic Association. They also have been certified as Diabetes Educators by International Diabetics Federation.
The main areas of dietetic intervention include the provision of :
- Nutrition support to those patients who are unable to meet their nutritional requirements.
- Therapeutic diets to those people who have conditions that benefit from special diets. Eating more of certain foods or avoiding others may help to control symptoms.
Therapeutic diets and Nutritional care are planned, administered and evaluated by our team of dietitians as prescribed by the attending physician. All efforts are made to cater to individualized nutritional requirement, food preference and personal preferences of the individuals we served. The Dietitians work closely with the Catering Team to ensure that appropriate & hygienically prepared food is provided to all patients requiring dietetic input.